As a wholly owned subsidiary of global power operating company Globeleq, Globeleq South Africa upholds the highest standards of procurement in terms of quality, ethics and social and environmental responsibility. All parties interested in partnering with Globeleq should download the below application form and review Globeleq's procurement policy.
The GSAMS procurement policy has the following objectives:
GSAMS aims to achieve advantageous procurement outcomes by:
- enhancing value for money through fair, competitive, non-discriminatory procurement;
- promoting the use of resources in an efficient, effective and ethical manner;
- making decisions with probity, accountability and transparency;
- advancing and/or working within GSAMS’s economic, social and environmental obligations and policies;
- providing reasonable opportunity for competitive local businesses to supply to GSAMS;
- appropriately managing risk; and
- ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
and is based on the following principles:
GSAMS must have regard to the following principles in its acquisition of goods and services:
- obtaining value for money (not restricted to price alone)
- encouragement of open and effective competition
- best interest of the project
- quality goods and services
- responsible sources of supply
- sustainable sources of supply
- comply with ethical practices (behave with impartiality, fairness, independence, openness and integrity in all
- discussions and negotiations.)
- compliance with all relevant legislation
- accountability, transparency and reporting (disclosure of interest)
- consider economic development obligations (BEE)
- adjustments and improvements can always be made
- entire process must be documented
- standard or longer term contracts need to be reviewed at least every 2 years
- comply to Policy or explain and document the reasons
- person best placed for the task should have the responsibility thereof with appropriate levels of separation of powers
- occupational, health & safety considerations
Globeleq’s Compliance Officer is the Legal officer (currently Willie van Niekerk) who may be reached by calling the Cape Town Office at +27 21 180 4513 or emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org . Any concerns about GSAMS or its employees not adhering to these values should be reported to the Compliance Officer for investigation.
In addition to the above, attention should also be given to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics as is contained in the Vendor Form downloadable below.